Here at our Portland office, we have found the key to a successful Inside Sales Rep is to have them start working in the Warehouse. With that said you will start your Mascott journey working as Warehouse support, learning the systems, the industry, and the people. Once this has been mastered you will move into the Inside Sales Position.
This is a customer service position, always focusing on understanding and meeting or exceeding the customer’s needs. Much of the contact is via telephone and therefore requires excellent phone skills and the ability to maintain a high degree of vocal enthusiasm and politeness. You will need to multitask and manage your priorities, with the customer always first. A successful Inside Sales Rep will play a fundamental role in achieving our ambitious sales and revenue growth objectives. The Inside Sales rep must work with each department within the organization and must be a team player to be successful
- Excellent customer service and teamwork
- Shipping and Receiving of Orders via UPS/FedEx etc.
- Cycle counting of inventory both in the warehouse and the service vans
- Answering phones – assist customers and direct other calls as needed
- Greeting and working with walk-in visitors and counter/will call customers
- Write Sales Orders and Quotes in the computer system
- Ability to shuffle schedule and priorities ongoing throughout the day
- Monitor the progress of projects to ensure on-time completion and follow-up as needed
- Keeping the customer informed and updated on any anticipated changes
- Review and follow-up on pending quotes
- Order and file manufacturer’s product literature
- Build long term mutually beneficial relationships with our customers – so they think of Mascott first
- Must be punctual and have a strong work ethic
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
Regularly requires sitting, standing, stooping, lifting and moving about the facility. Exposure to shop elements such as noise, dust, fumes, and odors. Ability to lift at least 50 pounds regularly throughout the day.
- Education – Some college preferred
- Experienced – 2 years excellent Sales, Customer Service or warehouse experience
- Microsoft Office – with Outlook & Excel required previous experience with some Sales/CRM software a plus. ERP
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written),
- Ability to work well with others,
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment,
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of changing situations.
- Health & Dental – first of the month following 60 days of service
- Various other voluntary employee-paid benefits
- Vacation after 1-year service
- Sick/Personal Time accrual of 2.15 hours per pay total 56 hours a year
- 401K with matching after 1 year of service
All offers of employment are contingent on passing a drug test including marijuana and background screening. As we are a drug-free workplace we also do random, for cause and post-accident drug screenings.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 to $18.00/hour