This is a sales position, you will be selling Petroleum Equipment to various businesses. You need to always focus on understanding and meeting or exceeding the customer’s needs. This position requires you to identify the customer’s level of support needed. Customer visits and tradeshows with overnight travel are a must. Some of the contacts are via telephone and therefore requires excellent phone skills and the ability to maintain a high degree of vocal enthusiasm and politeness. You will need to multitask and manage your priorities, with the customer always first. A successful Outside Sales Rep will play a fundamental role in achieving our ambitious sales and revenue growth objectives. You must work with each department within the organization and must be a team player to be successful.
- Excellent customer service and teamwork
- Answering phone calls and emails timely
- Write Sales Orders and Quotes in the computer system
- Ability to shuffle schedule and priorities ongoing throughout the day
- Monitor the progress of projects to ensure on-time completion and follow-up as needed
- Keeping customer informed and updated on any anticipated changes
- Review and follow-up on pending quotes
- Build long term mutually beneficial customer relationships – so they think of Mascott first
- Must be punctual and have a strong work ethic
- Listen to what the customer is saying
- Weekly Sales Plan/Report to the Director
- Scheduled and random customer visits
- Safety while on job sites, driving to visits and traveling.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
Regularly requires driving, sitting, standing and moving about various facilities. Exposure to station elements such as noise, dust, fumes, and odors.
- Education – Some college preferred
- Experienced – 2 + years excellent Sales and Customer Service experience
- Microsoft Office – with Outlook & Excel required
- Previous experience with some Sales/CRM software a plus
- Previous mechanical, auto, industrial, tooling, fueling etc. sales are beneficial.
- Must have a clean driving record, & reliable vehicle
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written),
- Ability to work well with others,
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment,
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of changing situations.
Mascott does background, drug testing on all employees and DMV when needed.