This is a customer service position, always focusing on understanding and meeting or exceeding the customer’s needs. Much of the contact is via telephone and therefore requires excellent phone skills and the ability to maintain a high degree of vocal enthusiasm and politeness. You will need to multitask and manage your priorities, with the customer always first. In this position, you will play a fundamental role in assisting our sales team with our ambitious sales and revenue growth objectives thru your support of the team. The Sales Support Specialist must work with each department within the organization and must be a team player to be successful.
This is a Monday – Friday 8 – 5, hourly position. Allowing great work-life balance.
- Excellent customer service and teamwork
- Answering phones – assist customers and direct other calls as needed
- Greeting and working with walk-in visitors and counter/will call customers
- Write Sales Orders and Quotes in the computer system
- Scan and maintain job files
- Ability to shuffle schedule and priorities ongoing throughout the day
- Monitor the progress of projects and Update Customers as needed
- Review and follow-up on pending quotes
- Order and file manufacturer’s product literature
- Build long term relationships with our customers – so they think of Mascott first
- Must be punctual and have a strong work ethic
- Work with Director on various projects to improve the processes and procedures
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
Regularly requires sitting, standing and moving about the facility. Multiple trips up & down stairs daily. Exposure to shop elements such as noise, dust, fumes, and odors.
- Education – Some college preferred
- Experienced – 2 years excellent Sales and Customer Service experience
- Microsoft Office – Outlook and EXCEL a must, previous experience with CRM or ERP a plus
- Mechanical or Equipment knowledge helpful
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written),
- Excel skills are a must
- Ability to work well with others,
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment,
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of changing situations.
All candidates must pass a background check and drug screening – we do screen for marijuana as we have federal contracts and maintain a drug-free workplace.