Mascott Equipment Co is an independently owned company in the petroleum storage and dispensing industry based in Portland, Oregon with offices in Seattle, Anchorage, and Tri-Cities.
We are second generation family owned, have been in business since 1960 and continue to grow.
We have an opening for a Warehouse / Inventory position in our Seattle Warehouse.
The Warehouse / Inventory Control position is responsible for all activities within the warehouse. This includes but is not limited to – stocking, shipping, receiving and inventory control with a reconciliation of discrepancies, light maintenance, processing of orders, returns and warranty as needed. All while maintaining a safe work environment in the warehouse. This is a full-time Monday – Friday 8:00 -5:00 position with occasional overtime.
- Excellent customer service and teamwork.
- Stocking of shelves, including rotation and recording of serial numbers as needed.
- Inspect and distribute all incoming freight.
- Troubleshooting missing packages, shipments, freight damage and communicate with carriers to resolve issues.
- Pulling orders – prepare for shipping or staging as required and fulfilling transfer orders to one of our 25 local service vans.
- Record incoming returns, reporting condition, quantity, and all other needed information to sales/accounting for customer credit.
- Cycle inventory counts of warehouse items, with quarterly counts of 25 service vans stock and reconciliation of all discrepancies.
- Inform purchasing of any unusual parts activity – slow/ fast movement.
- Light maintenance & general cleanup of the warehouse- changing light bulbs, sweeping, and picking up trash in the lot.
- Experience 1-year experience using shipping software systems such as UPS or FedEx
- Microsoft Office – including (Outlook, Word, Excel) & Internet Explorer
- Forklift and pallet jack operations
- Previous experience with an ERP system a plus
- Must be able to pass pre-employment, random, post-accident and for cause drug screening
- Regularly requires standing and moving about the facility. Exposure to shop elements such as noise, dust, fumes, and odors. Must be able to lift approximately 60 – 75 pounds frequently throughout the day.
- Health & Dental – first of the month following 60 days of service
- Various other voluntary employee paid benefits
- Vacation after 1 year of service
- Sick/Personal Time accrual of 2.15 hours per pay totaling 56 hours a year
- 401K with matching after 1 year of service
All offers of employment are contingent on passing a drug test including marijuana and background screening. As we are a drug-free workplace we also do random, for cause and post-accident drug screenings.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $17.00 to $19.00 /hour