Keeping your Verifone devices clean may provide a more hygienic and pleasant experience for your customers and employees. As such, please find some tips below:
- NEVER SPRAY, COAT OR POUR ANY LIQUID, SANITIZER, OR DISINFECTANT DIRECTLY ONTO THE DEVICE.
- Never use bleach, hydrogen peroxide, thinner, trichloroethylene, or ketone-based solvents – they can deteriorate plastic and rubber.
- Refrain from vigorously scrubbing/shaking the terminal(s) to prevent triggering a tamper alert.
- Electrostatic Discharge (ESD): Refrain from vigorously rubbing with a dry towel, or similar actions, which can cause ESD and trigger a tamper alert.
Cleaning & Sanitizing:
- Turn off your device.
- Unplug it from the power source.
- Clean it following the instructions below.
- Once completely dry, reconnect it to power and power up.
Verifone devices should only be gently cleaned to remove dirt, residue or debris using a lightly water-damped, clean microfiber cloth. One or two drops of pH-neutral, non-scrubbing soap may be used. Do not use solvents, harsh detergents, or abrasive cleaners.
After cleaning, the devices may be sanitized using an alcohol-based wipe or appropriate alcohol-based cleaner (approx. 70-90% strength isopropyl alcohol) applied to a microfiber cloth. Apply gently; do not scrub. Isopropyl alcohol applied to a clean microfiber cloth may be used on touch panel displays but never press hard on displays.
For helpful information on how to protect your business from COVID-19, explore the CDC website.